Love So Sweet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

All About Harry....

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
BRR
The Queen's Attendant
The Queen's Attendant
BRR

All About Harry.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All About Harry....   All About Harry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:48 am

by: ChibiKyt

This thread is awfully quiet... you are all probably reading it at lightning speed right now!

I read spoilers online, and all I can say is...

I think JK has been reading fanfiction.net LOL 'cause it seems alot of their romantic hopes have come true!
Back to top Go down
BRR
The Queen's Attendant
The Queen's Attendant
BRR

PostSubject: Re: All About Harry....   All About Harry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:48 am

wow.... just wow.....

all fanfictions combined. well, considering there are thousands out there (not including fanfiction.net) .....somebody was bound to get something right.

i'm a doctorate student. i deal with scholarly articles everyday....of course i read fast...

finished reading earlier this morning. would finish sooner if i could tie up and gag my children (and husband). to make it worse, we had guests... around 30 of them....and i had to prepare (full course) meals. **sigh**...

then (after reading) i went shopping to cool off. now i want to re-read. and visit other Potter related websites.
Back to top Go down
BRR
The Queen's Attendant
The Queen's Attendant
BRR

PostSubject: Re: All About Harry....   All About Harry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:50 am

fi0naLee

ladies!!! waaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!! i'm finally done reading! OMG! waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!! i started last night and slept around 3am. lol. resumed reading around 10 before 11am and finished the book around 5:30. lol. i only stopped if i had to eat, go to the rest room or take a bath. lol. when i finished reading like an hour ago, i was smiling like an idiot. lol. to think, i took a shower at that time... lol.

i laughed and cried with it! lol. i loved it! lol.

*decides to eat dinner. lol. might re-read after. lol.*
Back to top Go down
BRR
The Queen's Attendant
The Queen's Attendant
BRR

PostSubject: Re: All About Harry....   All About Harry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:50 am

by: Avatar

I'm done with reading *trys to calm and not to spoiler anything*
Back to top Go down
BRR
The Queen's Attendant
The Queen's Attendant
BRR

PostSubject: Re: All About Harry....   All About Harry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:51 am

who else in this thread haven't finished reading?

can't wait to talk about it with you guys.
Back to top Go down
BRR
The Queen's Attendant
The Queen's Attendant
BRR

PostSubject: Re: All About Harry....   All About Harry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:51 am

and fi0naLe.... you're the weird one. how can you smile after.... **ehem**.... i won't mention it until skidz finish reading.....
Back to top Go down
BRR
The Queen's Attendant
The Queen's Attendant
BRR

PostSubject: Re: All About Harry....   All About Harry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:52 am

by: fi0naLee

hahahahahhahahahahhahaha! what i mean is, after i read the book, i immediately took a shower. bella, (can i call you by your real name? ) something just made me smile. lol. i think i know what you didn't want to mention. hehe, i'm also going to wait for skidz.
Back to top Go down
BRR
The Queen's Attendant
The Queen's Attendant
BRR

PostSubject: Re: All About Harry....   All About Harry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:52 am

sure, call me bella. i don't mind at all (i'm not an internet criminal, i have nothing to hide )....

can't help reading 'The Prince's Tale' over and over and over and over.... for me, that's the climax and the best part of the entire book.

(should wait for skidz but i just can't resist... )
Back to top Go down
BRR
The Queen's Attendant
The Queen's Attendant
BRR

PostSubject: Re: All About Harry....   All About Harry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:53 am

lol. i knew it! lol. yeah, the prince's tale was sad. the power of love is so strong, ne? it was so touching. oops, better wait for skidz. hehe.

off-topic
nodame really has a part 2? OMG!!!
Back to top Go down
BRR
The Queen's Attendant
The Queen's Attendant
BRR

PostSubject: Re: All About Harry....   All About Harry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:54 am

yes!!! nodame part 2... coming 2008.

skidz..... have you finish reading....?
Back to top Go down
BRR
The Queen's Attendant
The Queen's Attendant
BRR

PostSubject: Re: All About Harry....   All About Harry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:55 am

when are we allowed to talk about the book? My fingers are aching to write
Back to top Go down
BRR
The Queen's Attendant
The Queen's Attendant
BRR

PostSubject: Re: All About Harry....   All About Harry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:55 am

if you ask me... i would say now . just put a spoiler warning so that others can avoid reading our posts. 'reading at their own risk' something like that. put spoiler posts in purple.

SPOILERS. RESIST READING!!!

so how do we discuss? i say we go by chapters: general review, gushing of parts we like/don't like, and questions if any.
Back to top Go down
BRR
The Queen's Attendant
The Queen's Attendant
BRR

PostSubject: Re: All About Harry....   All About Harry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:56 am

POSTS COME AFTER THIS ARE SPOILERS. PLEASE RESIST FROM READING (unless, you want to be spoiled). YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS

36 Chapters + An Epilogue

CHAPTER 1: The Dark Lord Ascending
CHAPTER 2: In Memoriam
CHAPTER 3: The Dursleys Departing
CHAPTER 4: The Seven Potters
CHAPTER 5: Fallen Warrior
CHAPTER 6: The Ghoul in Pyjamas
CHAPTER 7: The Will of Albus Dumbledore
CHAPTER 8: The Wedding
CHAPTER 9: A Place to Hide
CHAPTER 10: Kreacher's Tale
CHAPTER 11: The Bribe
CHAPTER 12: Magic is Might
CHAPTER 13: The Muggle-Born Registration Commission
CHAPTER 14: The Thief
CHAPTER 15: The Goblin's Revenge
CHAPTER 16: Godric's Hollow
CHAPTER 17: Bathilda's Secret
CHAPTER 18: The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore
CHAPTER 19: The Silver Doe
CHAPTER 20: Xenophillius Lovegood
CHAPTER 21: The Tale of the Three Brothers
CHAPTER 22: The Deathly Hallows
CHAPTER 23: Malfoy Manor
CHAPTER 24: The Wandmaker
CHAPTER 25: Shell Cottage
CHAPTER 26: Gringotts
CHAPTER 27: The Final Hiding Place
CHAPTER 28: The Missing Mirror
CHAPTER 29: The Lost Diadem
CHAPTER 30: The Sacking of Severus Snape
CHAPTER 31: The Battle of Hogwarts
CHAPTER 32: The Elder Wand
CHAPTER 33: The Prince's Tale
CHAPTER 34: The Forest Again
CHAPTER 35: King's Cross
CHAPTER 36: The Flaw in the Plan
Epilogue
Back to top Go down
BRR
The Queen's Attendant
The Queen's Attendant
BRR

PostSubject: Re: All About Harry....   All About Harry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:56 am

CHAPTER 1: THE DARK LORD ASCENDING

So, here's the first chapter.

for a short chapter, it contains many info.

first; Lucius' patronous is a peacock and his wand is an Elm with dragon heartstring core.

second, the name of the Muggle Studies professor Charity Burbage.

third, what Nagini lives on.. he..he.. .. human flesh...

and, Voldermort perfomed Legilimency on Snape, and he just looked back into Voldermort's eyes calmly... wow... i can't stop thinking how powerful Snape is. come on... this is LV we are talking about.
Back to top Go down
BRR
The Queen's Attendant
The Queen's Attendant
BRR

PostSubject: Re: All About Harry....   All About Harry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:57 am

by: skidmarks

Ahhh!! You guys were waiting for me? So sorry! I was out of town for work (just arrived home last night), so that limited my time on the internet. I just finished reading it the second time on the flight back last night (of course I had to lug it around with me! I just couldn't leave it at home )

Anyway, WOW.

But before I say anything... I'd like to ask, does anyone here read the books with a Brit accent (in your head... lol)? Specifically those who are not British nor speak with the accent? Just wanted to know... Because for some odd reason, I do. But only with HP. I think I started doing that since OotP. LOL. Yeah.

To be continued...
Edit:
Ooh! I just went to jkrowling.net and it's Neville's bday (July 30)!! Happy birthday, Professor Longbottom!!
So tomorrow's Harry's!
Back to top Go down
BRR
The Queen's Attendant
The Queen's Attendant
BRR

PostSubject: Re: All About Harry....   All About Harry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:58 am

Sorry guys I was absent the past days because my mum went to rehab today for the next 6 weeks and I feel pretty down.
Back to top Go down
BRR
The Queen's Attendant
The Queen's Attendant
BRR

PostSubject: Re: All About Harry....   All About Harry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:59 am

rehab?... for what (if you don't mind telling)?

never mind... discussion can wait. i can't get over 7. been carrying the book around the house ever since. and while driving too. in case i can sneak-a-read at stop lights...
Back to top Go down
BRR
The Queen's Attendant
The Queen's Attendant
BRR

PostSubject: Re: All About Harry....   All About Harry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:59 am

its nothing serious I think but the thing is it will be for 6 weeks which is pretty long and I sure will be worring about it

anywayy I reread DH around 4 times now and I NEED the HBP book, my friend "lost" it so I need to buy this one again cause they film next month already.
Back to top Go down
BRR
The Queen's Attendant
The Queen's Attendant
BRR

PostSubject: Re: All About Harry....   All About Harry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:00 am

by: princess_jime

Well, I've come at last to this thread.
I was refraining from checking it out until I finished reading 7. I just couldn't spoil myself with this one.

(avatar: I hope your mum can get through whatever it is that's her obstacle, I hope she can find the strength to overcome and carry on, support her with your love!)

My reactions after reading 7 can be explained just like the kids' reactions flying on top of the gringotts dragon:
I shouted curses cause I couldn't think of anything else to say (like ron), I got really weepy (like hermione) and then became contemplative (like harry) LOL!

Ok, chapter 1: boy oh boy... chapter one and already a casualty? a very horrible casualty at that... really tells you what the tone of the whole book is going to be, ne?
I found rather strange the the malfoy family was "sticking together"... which goes to show you... the power or family... never thought the malfoys would get it, hope is never lost.
And snape! damn! what a "right hand" for voldemort! the only death eater who isn't afraid (that should have told me all from the beginning).
Back to top Go down
BRR
The Queen's Attendant
The Queen's Attendant
BRR

PostSubject: Re: All About Harry....   All About Harry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:01 am

Ava (still getting used to your new name): i hope your mom will be doing OK too. six month is a long period --half a year.

and Ava, that's why i NEVER EVER let a friend borrow my books.... why don't you just ask her/him buy a new one for you? and yes, DH is best read with HBP... in fact, i pull out all my HP books from the shelf now... i case i need to do a quick reference.

princess_jime: glad you can join us. the more the merrier.

you know what's funny? i imagined a number of ways LV tortures his victims...(chains, whips, etc), but it didn't cross my mind that he makes his victims dizzy first before killing them (and theb feed them to his snake) .

i knew Snape is on the good side the moment i read the first chapter. wow.. he was asked to sit on LV right hand side...

and poor the Malfoys. they don't know what they get themselves into. they are regretting it, i guess -- but there's no turning back for them them now. i think at first they join in because of self interest. they want to better themselves....pureblood supremacy and all. but i don't think Lucius has any intention of converting his home to a prison or a torture chamber.

and bellatrix is in love (or in obsession) with lord voldermort!!
Back to top Go down
BRR
The Queen's Attendant
The Queen's Attendant
BRR

PostSubject: Re: All About Harry....   All About Harry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:01 am

waaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!! skidz is done reading and princess_jime is also here!!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!

saturn (can i still call you this? like bella, i'm not used to your new name yet), i'm so sorry about your mom. just support your mom for the next 6 weeks. i'm sure that with your support, she'll get through whatever she's going through right now.

chapter 1, ne? i feel pity for the malfoys here. i can almost see lucius' reaction when voldemort took his wand and told him that he's not giving him his. yes, chapter 1 is already scary, ne? just goes to show how the story will progress in the next chapters. if i'm not mistaken, this is probably the darkest of all chapter 1's in HP history... snape is admirable in here. i can say this now that i have an idea of what really happened. lol. sorry bella, i doubted snape's loyalties before. i'm still amazed at what he did for the love of lily. such courage!
Back to top Go down
BRR
The Queen's Attendant
The Queen's Attendant
BRR

PostSubject: Re: All About Harry....   All About Harry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:02 am

fi0naLee............ you doubted Snape? how dare you! (sorry.... love is blind...) to be fair with you, i knew he's innocent but i couldn't see in what way or how innocent is he until the very end.
Back to top Go down
BRR
The Queen's Attendant
The Queen's Attendant
BRR

PostSubject: Re: All About Harry....   All About Harry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:03 am

by: princess_jime

yeah.... *sighs* snape turned out to be like the j.k. rowling kiddy version of heathcliff (from wuthering heights - sans catherine, of course- mwahahaha!), so tragically romantic.
I also knew in my heart that he wasn't really gone to the bad side, but chose to "believe" it only for the sake of entertainment (LOL! I'm a masochist!).

Soooo... chapter 2:
The tea cup dudley left on harry's door, LOL! I figured, or rather hoped, it was that simpleton's way of acknowledging a kind of "let's be friends" feeling he must have felt after everything that's happened... (I was right! nya! *wink*).
The dumbledore obituary doge wrote... you know, for me, there's 2 kinds of obituary:
1. Those that say only nice things about the dead, omitting, be it out of kindness or stupidity, all the bad things.
2. Those that truly express what the person was like in real life.
I felt rather uncomfortable that dumbledore got the "first kind", so that made me think that doge mister was, either going senile, or had been blinded all his life about dumbledore, because, as much as I loved the D man, he wasn't perfect, no one is.

Then the rita skeeter article....arck!!!!!!!!! reporters!! psht!
they'd write anything for scandal! all right all right, some things are true, and the public does have the right to know, but please! that woman is sooo transparent! craving fame and fortune like a leach! piece of trash! rita skeeter gives a bad name to all the good reporters that try to do a serious responsible job!
Ahhhh!!!! you know... I find rather smart the way rowling portraits how the media can be easily bought, I hope the fans start thinking about it too, and realize that we have to be critical of the media (specially news reports) because not all that they say is true.

Anyway, so harry was cleaning his room, that sure gives his stay at privet drive an air of finality, ne? LOL! I wonder what happened to the rest of the things he didn't take with him. (they were probably stolen to be later shown in the "Harry Potter museum" I imagine the wizarding community will make in the future )
Back to top Go down
BRR
The Queen's Attendant
The Queen's Attendant
BRR

PostSubject: Re: All About Harry....   All About Harry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:03 am

woooh...Wuthering Heights . that's a dark one. i finished that with all sort of stuff in my stomach. so tragic... so angsty...

but Heathcliff is a lot different from Severus. after Catherine died, what drove Heathcliff was revenge while after Lily died, what drove Severus was love -- he did all that to protect Lily's son, not to exact revenge on Voldermort.

Heathcliff's love brought destruction around him -- he purposely intended to hurt others who had hurt him in the past, but Severus's love protected others -- regardless how pissed Severus was with James for stealing the love of his life and for his treatment on him.

Heathcliff died broken hearted (although he did realized at the end -- but not until he destroyed so many in his quest for revenge), Severus died rather 'satisfied' knowing he had fulfilled his duty to Lily (and Dumbledore) with all his may and might.

***sorry OOT... -- can't help it. i'm S.S. (severus sensitive...he..he..he...)
Back to top Go down
BRR
The Queen's Attendant
The Queen's Attendant
BRR

PostSubject: Re: All About Harry....   All About Harry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:04 am

so, back to Chapter 2 then -- In Memoriam--

he...he...he... food as peace offering. suppose to work everytime. but Harry grows up in the environment where he has to be suspicious enough of his aunt/uncle/cousin's intention. so instead of taking it as an act of generous gesture, he immediately thought it was a Harry-alarm of some sort.

and i don't think there's anything much left of Harry's stuff. he doesn't have many in the first place. all he have are mostly Dudley's 'leftovers'. literary, i think harry lives out of his school trunk.

you know what i want Rita Skeeter to write? a full Jun-Mao scandal... ha..ha... (or Johnny behind the scene.. )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All About Harry....   All About Harry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All About Harry....
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next