Love So Sweet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to..?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

How to..? Empty
PostSubject: How to..?   How to..? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:28 pm

Hey guys!

All of you seem so good at making icons, wallpapers, graphics, etc. I wanna try making some too. The only problem is that I don't know how to. :oops: Does somebody have like a tutorial or something? How do you make them? What software do you use? I have Gimp but I don't know what to do with it..

Sorry.. :oops:
Back to top Go down
Trice
The Invisible Monkey
Trice

How to..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to..?   How to..? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 3:04 am

Personally I use photoshop, but the gimp is a program that can reach photoshop level and it's free. According to what i heard, it's quite difficult to use it, but there must be plenty of tutorials out there to help you.
To make a graphic, I'd say you need a picture (->lol), know what you'll make an which size it'll have (like an icon is 100 on 100 pixels, you crop your image etc.).

For tutorials how to use the gimp, I can redirect you to: Gimp_users, the gimp & Gimp_resources These three are LJ communities. just go through their posts and you'll certainly find great stuff to help you. =D

On the site of the gimp there are tutorials as well. If you google "the gimp tutorials" you'll find some awesome sites too. Like here or over there

Last advice, have a stroll in deviant art. They have categories for tutorials and resources. Just type 'the gimp' in the search bar and have fun. =D!

I hope this answer will help you. I'm not familiar with the gimp, but I've seen people making amazing things with it.

The key of graphics is practice a lot and try out all the functions to see what happens. It's pure trial and error. XD!
Back to top Go down
http://almighty-trice.livejournal.com/
Anonymous

How to..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to..?   How to..? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 1:10 am

Thanks a lot! I'll give it a try. :)
Back to top Go down
toochiemae

toochiemae

How to..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to..?   How to..? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 12:15 am

i have a question.
how do i post icons here? do i need an icon table generator? if so, i have no idea how use one. can anyone help me? thank you very much in advance. :)
Back to top Go down
limanh
The Queen's Steward
The Queen's Steward
limanh

How to..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to..?   How to..? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 6:42 am

toochiemae wrote:
i have a question.
how do i post icons here? do i need an icon table generator? if so, i have no idea how use one. can anyone help me? thank you very much in advance. :)

Since no one answered till now I will do it...lol...:

No, you don't have to post it in an icon table generator...but like every picture you have to upload them on a free image sharing side first...like for example photobucket or imageshack...and then post the given url in the entry...you can always check your entry in the prewiew...if you have more questions feel free to ask me...XDDD...
Back to top Go down
toochiemae

toochiemae

How to..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to..?   How to..? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 5:24 pm

thank you very much limanh. i'll try to post some of the graphics i tried making, when i have the time. :D :D :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How to..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to..?   How to..? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to..?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Love So Sweet :: Old Stuff-
Jump to: